Beauty School: The Best Grooming Products To Borrow From The Boys
The good news is, with the increase in great men’s grooming products, there is actually a lot to work with at your boyfriends place.
A few of my favorites include:
- Men’s razors — I find the handles easy to work with, and the multiple blades gives a super close shave.
- Soaps — So many niche brands have created great soaps for hands and body. I particularly like Malin + Goetz, their vegetable based bar soaps have such great scents, and leave you feeling clean without any residual tightness.
- Shampoo — Most men that I know do not buy specific shampoo, but rather stick to drugstore brands, which are perfectly fine to use.
- Face moisturizer with a touch of tan — This is a great substitution for foundation, it will help to even out the skin tone and warm up the face when you’re in a bind.
- Vaseline — A simple sweep of this over eyelids acts as a dewy base for color to be applied later, or to simply create a lovely refreshed and natural look. Additionally, this can be used on the high points of the face, like brow and cheek bones, to help contour the face.
- Cotton buds and Q-tips — These are ideal for blending and applying eyeshadow. If you’re looking for a precise lip, top with Vaseline to coat, and then dip into your lipstick or stain to use as a lip brush.
- Hair products — Stealing men’s wax for styling is one of my favorite tricks, it’s not quite as stiff as some of the women’s products on the market today, but still provides maximum hold!
Additionally, use your own products to multi-task. Lipstick can add a touch of color to your cheeks, and a shimmer or radiance crème can act as a good eye base color.
A little creativity will get you far!
Jemma Kidd is a world-renowned makeup artist who has painted the faces of Naomi Campbell and Jerry Hall, and now she’s here to solve all of your beauty dilemmas. Not only does she have two makeup lines of her own — Jemma Kidd Make Up School and JK Jemma Kidd — she’s also worked with Max Factor, Rimmel, and Stila. Yes, she’s a total beauty guru. Have a question for Jemma? Email it to email@example.com!
PREVIOUSLY: How To Get Perfect Brows, At-Home Beauty Swaps, Beach-Appropriate Makeup, How To Hide A Hangover, First Date Makeup, When To Splurge, Black Tie Makeup, When To Ditch Old Products, Prom Makeup, Spring Beauty Trends, How To Get Rid Of Shiny Skin, How To Hide Your Flaws, Travel Beauty Tips, A Complete Guide to Eyeliner, How To Survive A Humid Summer, Wedding Makeup, Highlighting & Contouring