Name That Scent: CK Beauty Smells Like Clean Linens And Cardigans
Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful pastimes” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Calvin Klein Beauty.
Fragrance: Calvin Klein Beauty, $65-85.
What Calvin Klein thinks it smells like: “Sophisticated. Confident. Radiant. Calvin Klein Beauty radiates a rich luminosity. A modern lily is the essence of the fragrance blooming with a feminine strength. Absolute ambrette seeds enhance the spicy warmth. Timeless jasmine elevates the floral signature. A trail of cedarwood brings a vibrant and magnetic aura.”
What we think it smells like:
- “Soap-y and clean.”
- “A trendy mom.”
- “It reminds me of when I was in middle school and really excited about fashion magazines. Pulling out all of the fragrance inserts and keeping them in a box.”
- “Clean like linens.”
- “A bathroom at a really nice hotel.”
- “Like something a Queen would wear.”
- “A perfume aisle, but flowery.”
- “Thursday morning.”
- “Honeysuckle. Or what I would imagine a honeysuckle plant would smell like.”
- “Walking past an open air forest. Like a bunch of different flowers.”
- “A closet full of only cardigan sweaters.”
- “A fashion magazine.”
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.