Name That Scent: Coach Love Smells Like Vanilla, Potpourri, And…A Brothel?
Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful pastimes” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Coach Love.
Fragrance: Coach Love, $72-92.
What Coach thinks it smells like: “A fragrance of the heart, Coach Love is all that is modern, desirable and chic. Soft, dewy petals and lush, fresh greens romance sensual woods, luscious caramel and warm skin musk for a scent as unforgettable as the moment you fall in love.”
What we think it smells like:
- Floral window washing liquid.
- Men’s bodywash.
- An expensive boutique in the summer.
- Soapy with a hint of incense.
- Like the good parts of vanilla with some floral elements. Eighth grade dance.
- Like the potpourri my mom uses. It’s strong but nice.
- Generic with a hint of vanilla. Like being a kid and walking through the department store.
- Like the lobby of a brothel.
- My grandmother’s closet.
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.