Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful past times” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing DKNY‘s Be Delicious.
Fragrance: DKNY Be Delicious, $80.
What DKNY thinks it smells like: “A refreshing scent in an iconic apple-shaped bottle tempts you to take a bite out of life. A sophisticated blend of apples, exotic flowers and woods creates a fresh, juicy scent that can only be called delicious.”
What we think it smells like:
- Green apple. Now I really want to eat a green apple.
- That Ralph Lauren Blue perfume that every teenage girl used to wear, myself included.
- Really good, like an attractive man.
- Really strong. I just don’t like it.
- Sort of juvenile, like elementary school. Do elementary school kids wear perfume? I’d be a bad dad, I guess. Let’s say like a sprightly young lass.
- Flowery, young adult, a little like a bathroom.
- A businesswoman letting her hair down and perhaps going a little too far. She doesn’t usually go out on Friday nights — it’s been a while.
- Wet flowers, in a good way.
- Cucumber hand cream.
- Is this mens? It’s got some sandalwood — very stoically masculine.
- Like college.
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.