Name That Scent: Dolce & Gabbana’s New Cologne Smells Like…
Fragrance reviews are silly. Fragrance marketing is even sillier. So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk.
Fragrance: Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport, $45-73
What Dolce & Gabbana thinks it smells like: “A fresh, clean fragrance with light and energetic top notes accompanied by an unmistakable Mediterranean aroma of rosemary, the freshness of water, and saltiness of the sea. The middle notes feature sequoia wood enhanced with the energy of cardamom. Patchouli and musk naturally complement the fragrance’s base notes. Purity and clarity are as intrinsic to the design as much as the fragrance.”
What we think it smells like:
- Like an athlete in a suit.
- Is this for men? It’s very cologne-y.
- It smells like a man. It smells like a metrosexual man.
- Standard good man smell.
- Successful man.
- Like fruit. Maybe an orange?
- Department store clothes rack.
- Dish soap.
- Soapy undertones of Dial antiseptic soap.
- A bunch of butterflies made of orange peels cleaning up my bathroom.
- It’s nice — showers and laundry!
- Clean and musky, but I don’t like musky.
- It smells like something a teenager would wear.
- Generic cologne, but not in a bad way.
- Some type of medicinal for your skin.
Tune in next week when we review Eva Longoria’s EVAmour a “fruity floral musk scent that evokes a romantic trail of warmth and seduction”.