Ever since we first laid eyes on Oprah’s epic Diana-Ross inspired cover for O magazine’s September issue, on which she dons an astonishing 3.5 lbs of hair, we’ve become infatuated with the kinkiest of all hair styles: the afro.
Whether natural or faux, the do can take a look from dull to foxy in a flash, thus making it one of the industry’s most coveted styles. From Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2010 runway to this month’s V magazine cover starring the one and only Prince, we’ve rounded up fashion’s most memorable moments revolving around the super-sized ‘do.
1. Oprah covers O Magazine, September 2013
2. Karlie Kloss for Vogue, September 2009
3. Solange covers FashIzBlack Magazine, September/October 2010 Issue of
4. Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Show
5. Joan Smalls for V Magazine, March 2011
6. Halle Berry for Interview Magazine, November 2012
7. Lady Gaga covers Vogue, September 2012
9. Nicki Minaj Covers Allure, March 2012
10. Jourdan Dunn covers French ELLE, 2008