Name That Scent: Guess Seductive For Men Doesn’t Smell Like Adam Levine
Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful pastimes” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Seductive for Men by Guess.
Fragrance: Seductive for Men by Guess, $65.
What Guess thinks it smells like: “The ultimate seducer. Confident and irresistable with an air of attitude and intrigue. He is magnetic. Every woman around him is attracted by his charisma and masulinity. His most valuable weapons? His charm and fragrance.”
What we think it smells like:
- “The Gillette gel deodorant that my brother used to wear. This one, specifically.”
- “A fragrance insert in GQ“.
- “My grandpa.”
- “It actually doesn’t smell like douchebag. So, not what I’d imagine Adam Levine smells like.”
- “Not too much going on. A little too Axe-y.”
- “Freshly cleaned tile.”
- “A really strong sake.”
- “A dirty sauna.”
- “Household cleaner, but muskier and manly.”
- “The guys lacrosse team at my high school. Or the 18+ club called Tabu on Long Island.”
- “A body splash.”
- “My high school prom.”
- “My intern. So, a freshman in college?”
- “A yuppie Boston guy, but not in a bad way.”
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.