Name That Scent: Marc Jacobs Dot Smells Like A Dryer Sheet
Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful past times” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Marc Jacobs Dot.
Fragrance: Marc Jacobs Dot, $69 – $89
What Jacobs thinks it smells like: “Dot is a lush, juicy floral — happy and vivacious.”
What we think it smells like:
- “It’s like fruit macerated in fine cologne.”
- “It smells really fresh and almost citrus-y, like what I’d imagine flowers soaked in lemon juice to smell like. But without that sharp, acidic citrus scent.”
- “It feels like being in a scented swimming pool in a good way. It’s kinda watery.”
- “Smells like women in her 30s. It’s not like an old lady scent, but not really young either. It’s not overpowering, but nothing really stands out to me. It’s not bad either, more just like generic perfume.”
- “It’s like those inserts in magazines, like YM.”
- “It smells like cleaner or dryer sheets, like those ‘fresh’ scented ones. Like Fresh Air.”
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.