Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful pastimes” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Swarovski Edition.
Fragrance: Swarovski Edition, $70.
What Swarovski thinks it smells like: “Inspired by the dazzling Swarovski clutch bag, Swarovski Edition is the ‘it perfume’ of the moment. A limited edition item adorned with real Swarovski crystals, this is a glamorous, fruity, floral fragrance that is both sensual and alluring, bestowing upon the wearer a magnetic, sensual scent.”
What we think it smells like:
- “Miami! Sunny and glamorous and a little bit ‘Look at me’.”
- “Sweet and fresh.”
- “Fresh laundry detergent, not that powdery kind.”
- “Like you scrubbed a kitchen with lemon Pledge and it’s really warm outside.”
- “Fruity. Which can mean two things so take it any way you want.”
- “Tropical. Like passionfruit. Like a fruity drink.”
- “Flowers. Like gardenias.”
- “A fake plant.”
- “An actual plant. Kind of flowery but also sweet, like flowery candy.”
- “Pink uppercuts. Like getting punched in the nose by pink.”
- “Baby powder.”
- “Floral undertones. Like a glass gazebo, greenhouse type thing.”
- “Like the anti-allergy nasal spray I used to have to use as a kid.”
- “Fresh out of the shower.”
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.