Name That Scent: This Smells Like ‘That Friend Who Has Her Life Together’
Fragrance reviews are silly, but sometimes, fragrance marketing is even sillier. What do “playful pastimes” and “nostalgia” really smell like? So from now on, we’ll be crowdsourcing our own fragrance reviews. Read on to find out what our office thought about the latest sample to land on our desk. This week, we’re sniffing Valentino Assoluto.
Fragrance: Valentino Assoluto, $119.
What Valentino thinks it smells like: “Valentino’s Valentina Assoluto is a more sensual, seductive, and sophisticated interpretation of Valentina. Valentina Assoluto stands for a modern heiress who knows how to play with her sensual aura. She turns up her natural charm and distinction into a true power of attraction – her new fragrance reflects her precious and intense femininity.”
What we think it smells like:
- A Park Avenue princess.
- Baby powder dipped in cotton candy sugar.
- Lemon zest.
- Fresh. A little generic, but nice.
- A hot teacher.
- Sandalwood. A furniture store, like a Pier 1.
- Portland, Oregon.
- Mature, sweet, and a little citrusy. Professional
- Tobasco on a cinnamon roll.
- Soapy soap. The kind that sticks with you all through the day, like Ivory or Irish Spring.
- So fresh, so clean.
- A laundry room hookup.
- That friend who has her life together.
- So overpoweringly flowery that it approaches licorice.
Check out our previous Name That Scent stories.