Can We Trust Anna Dello Russo’s NYFW Rules?
Anna Dello Russo never, ever fails to amaze us. Her amazing runway-to-wardrobe sense of style and her gigs with Italian and Japanese Vogue — to say nothing of the fact that she has her own perfume — have us jealous, obsequious, and attentive to every word she says.
Except when she tweets. We’ve written before about the perils of unverified Twitter accounts, and @annadellorusso has yet to be given the blue bird stamp of authenticity. Still, we couldn’t help but be curious when she posted her 10 Fashion Week Rules on AnnaDelloRusso.com.
Now, we knew that Dello Russo was an amazingly talented fashion editor, but we did not know that she had her own website. When we clicked on the link we thought we’d be redirected to a glamorous wonderland of runway beauty, but instead we were greeted with pictures of Bambi and Tinkerbell and an electronic cloud of pixie dust that followed our mouse everywhere we clicked.
But we digress. We got to the rules, all of which were sensible, some of which were hilarious, and most of which were plagued with grammatical errors:
“During the fashion week I have my rules to follow and I’m going to tell my top ten list”
1. black outfits make a omologate effects.
2. be carefull with black: don’t put together different tone of black (clothes, stocking, shoes, …) materials reflect the black in different way.
3. sunshine is a big spot on you: it shows all the mistakes. (Cheap fabrics, ruined accessories, dirty shoes).
4. you must feel the weather every morning. Clothes live in the best context like actresses loving the amazing theater.
5. don’t match clothes and its own function: Like rain and trenchcoat, like snow and moonboot, forget it the umbrella at home!
6. wear just night-clothes in daytime. It is unexpected!
7. don’t carry big bags. On the front row they hinder the passage.
8. between shoes and bag? absolutely, amazing shoes matching a perfect pedicure. They make a right attitude!
9. don’t wearing so much make up. In the morning it does not look fresh.
10. shape up! you must choose outfits fierce and fully shaped.
We’re having a hard time imagining that someone would go out of their way to create an entirely false online persona, and we have an even harder time imagining this when we realize that Dello Russo tweets pictures of herself almost every day. And while the shoes-over-bag rule is something Dello Russo would say, there’s something about all of this that doesn’t ring completely true for us.
But we’ll probably follow a few of the rules.