Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding: The Details
Writers in the Age of the Internet have a sort of mantra: Do your best and link the rest. And since we can’t get anywhere near Chelsea Clinton‘s long-awaited wedding in Rhinebeck, NY, we figured we do a little digging and separate fact from fiction, and bring you the latest Chelsea Clinton wedding news. We’ll be hunting for more news all day long, so check back here for updates.
1) The gift bag is to die for and features pastry from the local Wild Hive Farm Store, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, a bottle of wine from Clinton Vineyards and other goodies in a cute bag. [TMZ]
2) No one saw Oprah Winfrey at the pre-wedding party at the Beekman Arms last night, where Secy. of State Hillary Clinton swathed herself in green and mingled with the likes of Madeline Albright and Vernon Jordan. [USA Today]
3) While some media outlets (we’re talking to CNN‘s Ali Velshi), reported that the wedding would cost up to $5 million, a close Clinton family friend told the AP that bill would not exceed six figures. [Yahoo! News]
4) The road that Astor Court estate is on will be closed from 4 pm to 8 pm today, said a woman who lives on the road. She got a bottle of wine from Clinton Vineyards for the inconvenience. [AOL News]
5) The wedding is supposed to start at 6 pm, and most of the guests looked like the couple’s college friends. Barbara Streisand and Steven Spielberg are said not to be coming. [The New York Times]
6) Marc Mezvinsky, Chelsea’s husband-to-be, will probably be the least-famous person at the wedding. [The Philadelphia Enquirer]
PHOTO: Hillary’s Questionable Pre-Wedding Party Outfit
Chelsea Clinton Goes Incognito At Vera Wang’s NY Showroom
WATCH: Oscar de la Renta Designs Chelsea’s Dress!
Chelsea Clinton Says ‘I Do’ To Vera Wang