3-Year-Old Saved By His Crocs
We have been hard pressed to find any reason to let Crocs off of the hook for being less than fashionable — and that’s our nice way of saying they’re ugly. With a plethora of comfortable shoe options, one does wonder. Why choose the rubber clog with holes in the front over a completely serviceable loafer? A hush puppy even!
Well, apparently one mother has figured out Crocs’ new selling point — and no, it has nothing to do with those creepy commercials of shoes massaging your feet. Danielle Sutton-Dormer, mother to 3-year-old Harley (to your left), has Crocs to thank for saving her son from a potentially fatal electric shock from a faulty hairdryer.
“The paramedic said he was really lucky he was wearing Crocs shoes at the time,” Sutton-Dormer told the DailyMail. “[The shoes] stopped the electricity going through his legs and coming out of his feet and probably saved him from serious injury.”
Harley suffered burns and endured a horrendously scary incident, but thanks to those ugly rubbery foam Crocs, no serious damage was done. So in an unusual twist from our more usual distaste for the footwear, we thank Crocs: They’re still ugly, but they’re a lifesaver.