PHOTOS: Every Detail From Margherita Missoni’s Weekend Wedding!
Wedding bells seem to be ringing all over the fashion world lately — first for Leandra Medine, and now for Margherita Missoni. The heiress to the house of Missoni took a break from the insanity of the men’s shows in Milan to get hitched in the Italian countryside Saturday. We obviously have a comprehensive list of all the details, right down to the cake.
Margherita’s new husband is Eugenio Amos, an Italian race car driver. The Daily Telegraph originally reported that the dress was designed by friend of the bride Giambattista Valli, but that it was made with Missoni silk and organza, had voluminous sleeves, and was covered in floral appliqués. Margherita wore a silver tiara to hold back her veil. However, Margherita later tweeted that “the dress was made by the women who saw me growing up”, with Valli’s “couture counseling”. She also responded to a tweet from Fashion Indie editor Amanda Gabriele claiming that she did not marry in Missoni, saying “that is absolutely not true!!!!” Also according to the Telegraph, the dress for the reception was the same as the dress for the ceremony, but in light pink, and the tiara was switched out for a daisy chain.
Here are some other details:
- The ceremony was held at the church of Santa Maria Annunciata, in Brunello, about a half hour outside Milan.
- The reception took place at a farm in Brunello, with a gypsy band, acrobats, and a fortune teller.
- Bridesmaids included Tatiana Santo Domingo, Eugenie Niarchos and Margherita’s sister Teresa. In true free-spirited gypsy fashion, they did not wear matching dresses, but instead wore an array of dresses and skirts in pretty floral prints with headdresses made out of fresh flowers that matched Margherita’s colorful bouquet.
- Among the guests were Carine Roitfeld (who was dressed as a gypsy to match the theme), Mario Testino, Franca Sozzani, and Suzy Menkes.
- Guests sat on Moroccan cushions on the grass set around low tables with colorful tablecloths; the cake was heart-shaped and topped with raspberries.
Well, it sounds like it was a unique, beautiful, and (of course) very chic wedding indeed. But now it’s back to the grind for the Missonis, because the label’s men’s show is today!