Everything To Know About The Met Gala’s First Red Carpet Livestream
This year’s Met Gala just got a lot more inclusive. According to one of the best press releases we received in a while, red carpet arrivals will be live-streamed for two glorious hours on the Metropolitan Museum website, Vogue.com, and Amazon.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Met Gala’s first livestream broadcast:
• The red carpet coverage will be hosted by Vogue editor William Norwich and model Elettra Weidemann. Follow Norwich and Weidemann’s Facebook accounts (here and here) for a look at how they prepared for the gala.
• The hosts will also ask their interviewees questions sent in by viewers via Twitter with the hashtag #MetQuestions.
• Vogue will post videos from inside the benefit after the livestream, including the musical performance. Fingers are still crossed that the rumors of Jennifer Lopez performing are true.
• The livestream will include pre-taped segments about the history of the Met Gala and the Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations exhibit, which will presumably act as filler since there are no commercial breaks.
• You can use Twitter hashtags #ImpossibleConversatons and #MetGala hashtags to join in on all the Met Gala fun.