VIDEO: Is The Next Proenza Schouler In This Parsons Fashion Show?
Yesterday afternoon, Parsons The New School for Design held its annual fashion show, which showcases the class of 2013′s final collections and introduces the fashion world to a new crop of talent. Considering that Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez have participated in the event, we knew we had to keep our eyes peeled for some future CFDA inductees.
Here are some of our highlights:
- We were totally caught off guard (in a good way) by Isabel Simpson-Kirsch, who had her muse, Lil B, printed on on each of her pieces from chunky platform sneakers to shirt dresses.
- There was a collective ‘awww’ moment when Julia Passafiumesent flower-crown adorned children down the runway in a bevy of mixed prints.
- Sohee Kim made us rethink deconstructed elegance with slick and sheer fabrics.
- Yunxiang Zhou’s cerebral approach to menswear made us think of Marc Jacobs, especially when he introduced us to the first men’s skirtsuit we’ve ever seen.
- Sandy Laing gave us some Marni vibes with the prominent shoulders on her oversized coats.
- Thi Wan, whose menswear designs closed the show, seemed to channel Thom Browne’s flair for the obscure.
Watch the video below (which has an amazing runway music soundtrack) and be sure to let us know which designer you think will be the next Proenza Schouler.