Styleite Is Hiring!
We’re looking for a strong writer obsessed with fashion to join our New York office as Associate Editor. While this is an entry level editorial position, the role involves enormous autonomy in both story selection and point of view. Our ideal candidate is smart and relatable, and first-name familiar with current and past major designers. If your dream job involves writing about fashion and covering the news of the day through a stylish lens, then this is the job for you!
In this position, you will be responsible for pitching, researching, and writing stories and for working with the senior editor to keep the site humming along on a day-to-day basis. You should have a clear understanding of fashion news, pop culture, and how to create high quality, opinionated, and shareable content in a fast-paced, new media environment.
- WordPress familiarity
- Basic photoshop abilities
- Social media savvy
- Published experience – yes, of course blogs count!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
To apply, please email ALL of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume
- Two writing samples (links or attached clips)
- Links to your public social media networks (Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest) and your blog if you have one.
- A brief cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal editor for a fashion blog. Please also tell us one celebrity whose style you love and why. If you don’t include that answer, we’ll know you didn’t read this whole post!