Vogue Introduces ‘Glamping’ Into The Fashion Lexicon
Have you ever been “glamping”? You know, “glamorous camping”? Vogue has just informed us that this is a thing people do. Break out your $1,150 Prada backpack, folks!
This is all very Rich People Things by way of GOOP mixed with the Neiman Marcus Christmas book (which includes a glamping-friendly yurt!). To wit: “Here, Vogue has assembled the best gear for scaling a north face or nestling into a boutique tepee — from a buffalo-check Thakoon coat to Burt’s Bees’ all-natural insect repellent and Hermès’ pear-wood portable folding chair — and we’ve also culled a list of our favorite locales specializing in this popular pastime.”
For the record, the Thakoon coat will cost you $2,650, and the Hermès folding chair’s price is only available upon request. Anyway, some more highlights:
• light up your tent with a $750 Ralph Lauren lantern (candle not included)
• go hiking in $1,110 two-tone Chanel boots
• top off your look with a $995 Rag & Bone tweed cape
• enjoy venison meatballs with huckleberry barbecue sauce and artisan peanut-butter pie at the Resort at Paws Up
• get the litte ones into the glamping spirit with a $2,800 Kimmel Kids teepee
Oh, Vogue! LOL!