10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: August 29 – September 4
1. Some designers are using Hurricane Irene as an excuse to postpone their Fashion Week shows! (Maybe they need time to work out the kinks of their 3D presentations?)
2. Madonna looked fab at the Venice Film Festival. Too bad she’s getting sued back stateside.
3. We’d like to sue over the offensive t-shirts we saw this week, which told little girls being pretty is better than being smart and made infidelity seem like a joke. Upsetting.
4. Also upsetting? Prince Harry‘s dancing skills.
5. We finally know the launch date for Tavi Gevinson‘s new site, Rookie! (And we have Ira Glass to thank for it.)
6. Did you watch the VMA red carpet? SO MUCH FUN! As per usual, there was the good, the bad and the costumes. (Also notable: L’il Wayne wore jeggings, and Beyonce announced that she is pregnant!)
7. In other music video news, Karl Lagerfeld is working on a music video with Snoop Dogg (no really!), Lady Gaga created one with Inez van Lamsweerde and Kim Kardashian … ugh. Just click here.
8. In other Kim Kardashian news, the newlywed was majorly displeased about her People magazine cover, but the reproductions of her dresses that Vera Wang is selling might make up for that.
9. Several thousand Muslim women got kicked out of an amusement park for wearing their traditional headscarves. In a much less offensive variation on a theme, Green Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong got kicked off a plane for wearing saggy pants.
10. When should girls start wearing fake boob and butt enhancements? When they’re three, apparently.