10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: August 14-20
1. Nivea‘s “re-civilize yourself” ad is the one of the most offensive examples of racist advertising we’ve ever seen, and the company’s apology was unsurprisingly unsatisfactory.
2. Kim Kardashian got married. She wore a hoodie as her pre-wedding outfit, and Madame Tussauds put her wax figure in a wedding dress. Oh, and Kris Jenner is getting her own clothing line.
3. The Olsen twins’ music videos rule. Also, we totally prefer their $35,000 crocodile backpack to Victoria Beckham‘s $29,000 alligator handbag.
4. Charlotte Casiraghi made the cover of Vogue Paris, and the photos are really pretty. Cindy Crawford also snagged a September issue, as did Beyonce and Anne Hathaway.
5. Kate Moss‘s wedding sounded super fun, even if she did admit she was a bridezilla. Also, the supermodel’s neighbors object to her “tacky” home renovations.
6. Fashion’s Night Out is poised to be bigger than ever, much to the chagrin of Cathy Horyn.
7. Hailey Clauson‘s parents are suing Urban Outfitters over a racy t-shirt, though the company that made the tee didn’t know the photo was unauthorized. Relatedly, some other models are suing Skechers and a yet another model won a suit against Vampire Weekend.
8. People really care that Abercrombie wants to pay The Situation to stop wearing its clothes and that Sarah Palin had polka-dotted toenails.
9. Coco Rocha modeled Karl Lagerfeld‘s Macy’s collection, plus Giambattista Valli‘s Macy’s collection was confirmed.
10. Vogue totally Photoshopped 10-year-old Lila Grace Moss, as well as the cast of Glee for Fashion’s Night Out. But these aren’t the reasons Isabella Rosselini thinks the magazine is out of touch.