10 Important Things We Learned This Week: December 11-17
1. The Obama family wore awesome clothes when they met Justin Bieber. They then took a great family portrait.
2. Jimmy Choo makes expensive faux croc coffee cup holders, but Hermes makes expensive real croc ones. In related news, Chanel sells expensive running shoes and Vogue sells an expensive beach towel.
3. Prabal Gurung is designing Sephora‘s new uniforms, and he wants his own beauty line.
4. Kate and Pippa Middleton made an appearance on SNL! Also, Robyn wore tons of Alexander Wang on the show.
5. Elizabeth Taylor‘s jewelry was auctioned for $116 million, with a little help from Kim Kardashian. The accessories from Lady Gaga‘s Vanity Fair shoot are also going to be auctioned off. (Tim Gunn won’t be bidding.)
6. Marc Jacobs may be dating a porn star, has weird holiday ads, and isn’t into couture.
7. Vogue cover model and Iron Lady star Meryl Streep is a total kickass feminist. Also, Anna Wintour talked about the Vogue archive on TV.
8. Rooney Mara‘s style has changed a lot in the past few years. We’re okay with it because this week she wore Givenchy couture and Prabal on the red carpet.
9. Paris won’t change its Fashion Week days, and even more upsettingly, Fashion’s Night Out is here to stay.
10. Courtney Love is getting evicted for redecorating her townhouse, but she may not deserve it. Unlike Love’s digs, Agyness Deyn‘s apartment is fairly hideous.