10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: February 20-26
1. The royal wedding invitation just isn’t that fancy, though we assume the Philip Treacy-designed hats will be (maybe there will even be feathers!). Alas, Kate Middleton‘s dress is still a secret.
2. Beyoncé posed in blackface for L’Officiel, but the magazine didn’t see it as such.
3. The Burberry show was unreal! The coats, the music, the snow — we could watch it over and over again.
4. Justin Bieber cut his hair and donated the discarded locks to charity. Relatedly, Dolce & Gabbana have Bieber Fever.
5. Andrej Pejic modeled lots of Prada for Zeit Magazin, which he thinks is better than working at KFC.
6. Diane von Furstenberg is embarrassed but not sorry about Michelle Obama’s McQueengate, though she is embarrassed and sorry a 15-year-old model walked in her fall show.
7. In current celebrity scents, Fergie‘s fragrance is an Avon best-seller. In upcoming celebrity scents, Dita Von Teese‘s perfume will have “a dash of vulgarity” and Lady Gaga‘s will smell of blood and semen.
8. Stefano Pilati isn’t leaving Yves Saint Laurent, despite incessant rumors. So many rumors!
9. A preview of the Met‘s Alexander McQueen exhibit was shown, and Anna Wintour talked about the designer’s legacy.
10. John Galliano was alegedly involved in an anti-Semitic altercation, so Dior suspended him. Soon after, eyewitnesses came to his defense. In response, Galliano filed a defamation claim against his accusers.