10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: January 16-22
1. The Golden Globes were a big deal! The red carpet was awash in some very specific trends — some good, some bad and some downright risky. Also, there was jewelry drama!
2. The Bill Cunningham movie looks amazing. Like, really amazing.
3. Lady Gaga created a soundtrack for Nicola Formichetti‘s Thierry Mugler show (listen to the song!), and will be helping out with the women’s show in March.
4. Karl Lagerfeld Coke bottles? Awesome. Bottles of Beyoncé’s perfume? Probably less awesome.
5. Oscar de la Renta showed off his bridal line to Martha Stewart. He was not pleased Michelle Obama wore McQueen to the State Dinner.
6. Anna Wintour also attended the State Dinner, where she told China‘s premier to invest in Chinese fashion. And while many dressed to impress that evening, Wintour was an outfit repeater.
7. Justin Bieber is getting his own store. Things you probably won’t be able to buy there: a $750 haircut.
8. Kate Middleton settled on a wedding dress designer. There is no word on what Prince William will wear, but Vivienne Westwood suggests red lipstick. Also, Kate’s knees are a thing. And Mario Testino loves her.
9. Kardashian Silly Bandz are almost as stupid as the UBS dress code, which is thankfully getting revised.
10. The model who hit that lady is getting a reality show.