10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: January 23-29
1. Anna Wintour went to Nick Gruber‘s Calvin Klein-hosted birthday party at Indochine. Michael Musto certainly did not.
2. The anticipation over Willow Smith‘s next video is mounting. Also, the girl can dance.
3. While Justin Bieber‘s LOVE cover is great, Vanity Fair totally hacked off part of his eyebrow.
4. Miuccia Prada reads blogs on paper. Relatedly, Franca Sozzani just really hates bloggers…and she wrote about it on her own blog.
5. Andrej Pejic kissed Karolina Kurkova in Gaultier‘s new ads. More importantly, he was the designer’s couture bride.
6. Michelle Obama‘s State Dinner dress is still a source of debate! Even the CFDA is pissed she wore McQueen! Cathy Horyn calls it a witch hunt. Michelle did wear Rachel Roy at the State of the Union, though. (And Malia wore Chris Benz to the State Dinner!)
7. H&M is adding e-commerce by the end of the year, which means people in the US will be able to buy their cute plus-sized line that’s only available online.
8. A Harps grocery store in Arkansas censored Elton John‘s Us Weekly cover. Harps didn’t exactly apologize, but the offending “family shield” was indeed removed.
9. Karl Lagerfeld continues to be an enigma. Last week alone he hung out with P. Diddy, decided fashion people can’t be intellectual and photographed a very naked Baptiste Giabiconi.
10. Couture, couture, so much couture!