10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: July 17-23
1. Kate Middleton‘s wedding gown cost $400,000. The Queen found the dress’s display “creepy”, though it’s unclear what she thinks about the Disney princess dresses getting a historical update
2. Karl Lagerfeld‘s Macy’s collection debuts next month! WANT, WANT, WANT.
3. Summer’s Eve is officially the very, very worst.
4. Photoshop made Topshop model Codie Young look too thin and totally eradicated an H&M model’s face.
5. Alexander Wang‘s fall video reminds us of a whole bunch of things. Also, we would like to have dinner with him and his family.
6. David and Victoria Beckham‘s daughter Harper is super cute, but the facts surrounding her name are questionable. Relatedly, her dad is modeling his own fragrance.
7. Christian Dior promised not to copy Christian Louboutin‘s red soles. Valentino did not because he designed red-soled shoes decades ago.
8, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are continuing with their Kohl’s line despite their divorce, while Gwen Stefani has teamed up to make kids’ gear for Target. And don’t worry — Lil Wayne is also getting in on the musician-turned-designer action, but we’re still rooting for Kanye.
9. Tavi Gevinson met fellow teen style queen Hailee Steinfeld at a Miu Miu event. Not to be outdone by the Oscar nominee, Tavi is shopping for a book deal.
10. Michelle Obama is making her first reality TV appearance in the fall, and she’ll be wearing Chris Benz.