10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: July 31-August 6
1. OMFG Karl Lagerfeld without sunglasses — and his Macy’s collection. Also, Coco Chanel was probably a badass. (Too bad about the Chanel recall though.)
2. 10-year-old model Thylane Blondeau has captured the fashion industry’s attention, but she was deemed too sexy for morning television. Understandably, her mom had some things to say about the whole thing.
3. Shark Week is the best week.
4. Vera Wang has been confirmed as Kim Kardashian‘s wedding dress designer, but there’s no way Kim’s gown will be as awesome as Katie Shillingford‘s Gareth Pugh creation.
5. Not only are the LOVE Magazine covers unreal, the issue also involves Baptiste Giabiconi lookalike Alessandra Ambrosio and a beautifully morbid spread (and accompanying video).
6. Linda Evangelista wants $46K a month from baby daddy François-Henri Pinault, which is actually sort of reasonable.
7. Lady Gaga has lots of thoughts about things that start with W, was photographed peeing in a cup by Terry Richardson, and is getting a TV special on the CW. Additionally, her male alter ego has returned.
8. Kate and Prince William wore matching outfits. And Kate went grocery shopping…again! And Prince Harry wore a Canadian tuxedo…again!
9. The Glee cast will be lending a hand at Fashion’s Night Out, but Lea Michele will not be getting a nose job.
10. In crimes of fashion, a woman killed her boyfriend with a pair of stilettos, a former model was arrested for an Italian Ponzi scheme, and the Victoria’s Secret chili bomber was caught.