10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: June 5-11
1. The final cut of Kanye‘s “Monster” is full of dead models. We’re guessing they didn’t celebrate his 34th birthday with him.
2. Helena Bonham Carter is the new face of Marc Jacobs. Relatedly, Jacobs is not mad we leaked images of Dakota Fanning‘s latest fragrance campaign.
3. The Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic was absolutely hilarious.
4. The Kardashians want to open up a second store in New York, and Kim is buying a decoy for her 20-carat engagement ring.
5. Kate‘s royal wedding dress is going on display at Buckingham Palace, her and Prince William‘s California itinerary is being fleshed out, and they’re looking for household help. Also, Pippa ran a 5K in Bulgari shades, while Kate looked stunning in a Jenny Packham gown. Oh, and there were more hats.
6. So few of the CFDA nominees were women, and none of them walked away winners. It’s hard to choose who looked best at the awards ceremony, but Lady Gaga did wear a studded thong to the festivities.
7. Riccardo Tisci says he’s happy at Givenchy, Haider Ackermann breaks his glasses during sex, and Karl Lagerfeld designed some super fancy glassware.
8. Giving your 7-year-old a breast augmentation voucher is really, really awful.
9. Michelle Obama looked amazing in Naeem Khan at the German state dinner, while Nancy Pelosi chose some great vintage Thierry Mugler. Alas, Hillary Clinton did not in fact wear Rick Owens.
10. Giambattista Valli might be doing a collaboration with Macy’s. This is a thing Hedi Slimane will never do.