10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: March 13-19
1. Tyra Banks likes to sit on Andre Leon Talley‘s lap. Tyra likes to sit on Andre Leon Talley’s lap and discuss trenchcoats.
2. Uniqlo donated $25.6 million in disaster relief to Japan, and Forever 21 donated all of Friday’s online sales. Other players in the fashion world are also getting in on the relief efforts. Relatedly, Japan Fashion Week was canceled, and many Japanese brands have relocated from Tokyo.
3. Rihanna‘s full Vogue spread is here, and we even got a peek at what went down behind-the-scenes of the shoot. Amar’e Stoudemire‘s Vogue profile is here, too!
4. Victoria Beckham is expecting a baby girl, and Daphne Guinness contends she didn’t call the mom-to-be “an ugly pig.”
5. The Anonymous hacker collection may be plotting to destroy Louis Vuitton, but that hasn’t stopped LVMH from flirting with the idea of acquiring Jimmy Choo.
6. A glossy Jihadist lady magazine is a thing that exists.
7. Retailers are pulling John Galliano‘s eponymous line, yet will continue to stock Dior. Kate Moss starred in a commercial for Dior Addict, while Isaac Mizrahi hopes Galliano never works again.
8. Matthew Williamson wants you to get over Kate Middleton, whose sheer dress sold for over $100,000.
9. Emmanuelle Alt featured a single boob in Vogue Paris. She also hates exercise and loves driving.
10. Styleite is one year old!