10 Important Things We Learned Last Week: October 30-November 5
1. Celebrities tweeted pictures of their Halloween costumes and then wore them to lots of parties. Some people think Amanda Knox‘s costume was insensitive, and Michelle Obama wore fake DVF.
2. Blake Lively loves macarons, Alexa Chung thinks trends are bullshit, and Mindy Kaling digs the WNBA.
3. Courtney Stodden looks almost normalish without makeup.
4. Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries. Kris Jenner defended her daughter’s marriage, and Kim blogged about the whole thing and then came back from Australia. Unfortunately for Vera Wang, herKardashian bridal collection doesn’t hit stores until next year. Also, Kim’s purses are blatant knockoffs.
5. The Chloe Moretz Interview cover is almost as great as the Harper’s Bazaar supermodel cover. Supermodels!
6. Cafe Press got rid of its offensive illegal immigrant shirt, Forever 21 sells “oriental girl” necklaces, and Anthropologie has a $2,200 rickshaw.
7. Justin Bieber thinks “girls wanna smell what guys want them to”, while Lady Gaga covered the biggest magazine ever and Madonna launched a clothing line for grownups.
8. Model Carré Otis named the man who raped her when she was 17.
9. Justin Timberlake loves the Middletons! Pippa got a book deal, and Sarah Burton revealed how she kept Kate‘s dress a secret.
10. Joe Zee welcomed Joe Fresh to New York, and the CFDA brought New York Times photographs to the masses.