If you’ve been watching the news at all recently, you might feel like the government is out to get anyone who has a uterus. In fact, politicians might be literally trying to get our uteruses. At this point, I can’t be sure. All I know is that Hobby Lobby and the NFL are officially uninvited to my birthday party. I need to let some rage out, and I’m sure you do too. Let this playlist inspire you to angry dance around town. Ideally like this:
While you’re at it, since this petition to call on the NFL to take real action against domestic violence.
1) Lauryn Hill, “Lost Ones”
2) Nico Vega, “Beast”
3) Angel Haze, “Werkin Girls”
4) Angel Haze, “A Tribe Called Red”
More Angel Haze. I couldn’t help myself.
5) Robyn ( featuring Snoop Dogg), “U Should Know Better”
This music video holds a special place in my heart. Also check out the “Handle Me” video.
6) Brother Ali, “Uncle Sam Goddamn”
7) Veruca Salt, “Volcano Girls”
8) Jessie J, “Do It Like a Dude”
9) Fifth Harmony, “Bo$$”
I’m not really a fan of the Michelle Obama lyric, or this music video to be honest, but I can’t get this damn song out of my head.
10) Broad City, “Fight the Power”
Alright, this isn’t technically the full song, but this pretty much sums up all my feelings right now: