Alexander Wang has teamed up with Beats by Dr. Dre to design a limited-edition collection of custom Beats, which makes perfect sense to us considering that as we feast our eyes on his runway every season, our ears subsequently perk up thanks to the infectious beats of his runway tracks. Wang is one of the most musically-attune fashion designers and fusing his skills with Dre, one of rap’s pioneers, can only result in Yeezus-caliber genius.
“I have always looked to music and musicians for inspiration and as collaborators because there is such a purity to their talent. Different types of music can also transform how you interpret or understand a fashion show, or film. It’s creating a story and translating a message,” Wang told WWD.
Each piece from the collection boasts Wang’s downtown aesthetic with a matte black and gold finish, as well as a glossy stingray embossed case. The headphones retail for $449, while the the Beats Pills are $299 and earbuds are $149. They will hit the web December 16 at beatsbydre.com and alexanderwang.com.
1. “Chase the Devil” by Max Romeo at Balenciaga Spring 2014
2. “Simon Says” by Pharoahe Monch at Alexander Wang Spring 2014
3. “Yaow” by Baauer at Alexander Wang Spring 2013
4. Rockers to Swallow by Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Alexander Wang Fall 2012
5. B.O.B. by Outkast at Alexander Wang Fall 2009