They may be a small country but they’re a great one too — the country of Shakespeare, The Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham‘s right foot… David Beckham’s left foot… And also, fashion! (And Love Actually). So it’s a different Beckham we’ll be watching at the 2013 British Fashion Awards tonight in London, which recognize the most influential people in fashion today and celebrate the reputation and development of British fashion.
Along with Victoria (who was up against Erderm for Red Carpet Award and Burberry for Brand of the Year), 2013 winners included Edie Campbell (who swiped the Model of the Year gong from Cara Delevingne), Christopher Kane for Womenswear Designer of the Year, and Kate Moss and Suzy Menkes for Special Recognition awards. i-D founders Terry Jones and Tricia Jones also received the Outstanding Achievement gong for their contribution to the local and global industry. See the complete list of winners below, and the red carpet champions after the jump.
- Womenswear Designer of the Year – Christopher Kane
- Menswear Designer of the Year – Burberry
- International Designer of the Year – Miuccia Prada for Prada
- Designer Brand of the Year – Burberry
- Accessory Designer of the Year – Nicholas Kirkwood
- Emerging Womenswear Designer – Simone Rocha
- Emerging Menswear Designer – Agi & Sam
- New Establishment Designer – JW Anderson
- Model of the Year – Edie Campbell
- Red Carpet Award – Erdem
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator – Lady Amanda Harlech
- British Style Award brought to you by Vodafone (voted by the public) – Harry Styles
- Special Recognition Award – Kate Moss
- Special Recognition Award – Suzy Menkes
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion – Terry and Tricia Jones, founders of i-D
this is some kind of spaceship or something.