When someone tells us that an ad campaign is stunning, we generally take it with a grain of salt. Everything in fashion is stunning, or at least it wants to be, and you can only be stunned so many times before you’re desensitized.
And despite the copious amounts of beauty we consume everyday here at Styleite, we’re still fully and legitimately stunned by the first image from the Lanvin for H&M ad campaign. And why? Because it’s stunning. Duh.
We already knew that Alber Elbaz was going to create gorgeous clothes and that they’d be outrageously luxe looking, but there are a few more nuggets of information that we’ve gleaned from the half hour we’ve been poring over Natasha Poly, Hannelore Knuts and the other divas in this ad.
1. Black is the new black. It is also the old black, and it is fabulous.
2. Pearls and enamel flowers. Put them on now, never take them off.
3. The best way to block all the hate from people who can’t get to H&M to buy this collection? Oversize sunglasses.
4. If you were ever so mistaken as to think a waist-cinching belt would go out of style, you were wrong.
5. Don’t ever underestimate your elders, because frequently they are more fierce than you can imagine.
[Via Fashion Gone Rogue.]