We’re seeking interns for Fall 2013.
We are looking for full OR part time interns to work at our SoHo offices from now until the beginning of the spring semester.
What You’ll Actually Be Doing: If your dream job involved writing all day, our editorial internship is the one for you! Our editorial interns have a lot of freedom in what they choose to research and write about. Expect to do lots of writing. In return, you’ll get bylines. And probably free samples. Also: invites to fun events! (Which you’ll be covering. Fun!). If you know the head designers of major labels by heart, follow fashion news sites daily, and participate regularly in online style communities, this is the internship for you.
Duration: Fall (ASAP – January/February)
Hours: 8-40 hours per week during business hours (flexible)
Location: New York office (SoHo)
- Strong writing skills, able to quickly aggregate and put a unique spin on newsy stories
- Able to photo edit, create galleries
- Good eye for clicky products (will be drafting up The Goods post)
- Has worked for a fashion website or blog before
- Experience writing, reporting, and conducting interviews preferred
- Social Media/SEO/Wordpress knowledge
- Can work under tight deadlines
- Keen to help out with researching stories and lists
- Has thorough knowledge of fashion and pop culture
To Apply: Please attach ALL of the following documents to your application email to email@example.com:
1) A resume or CV
2) A cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for a fashion blog
3) A sample writing activity (write a brief post on which fashion designer has the best personal Twitter account and why you think this).
This is your chance to show us what you can do, so take advantage of it!
Applications are rolling, so candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Contact: Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org