Born into France’s high court of fashion (her mother being former editor in chief of French Vogue, Carine Roitfeld and her father designer Christian Restoin), Julia Restoin-Roitfeld grew up around the tastemakers and gamechangers of the entire fashion industry. A graduate of Parsons Paris School of Art and Design, Restoin-Roitfeld has created her own vision of the glamorous world she grew up in through the lens of photography and design. Today she’s taken on a couple new roles that Grazia explored through a recent interview, which became the inspiration for our Top 5 List. Without further ado, the Top 5 Reasons Why We’re Jealous of Julia Restoin-Roitfeld:
1) Julia just completed a lingerie collaboration with French brand Kiki de Montparnasse, made up of gorgeous underpinnings tailored to her sophisticated taste.
2) She was able to model said lingerie collection for the ad collection’s campaign WHILE PREGNANT (see: above).
3) The father of her first child (due in May) is her longtime boyfriend, model Robert Konjic. ‘Nuff said.
4) Her child is going to have Carine Roitfeld as their grandmother. Just imagine the birthday parties.
5) Julia is already planning new design projects for the fall, undoubtedly with a baby in tow, and an effortless post-baby bod.
But despite our raging jealousy for the graceful, delicate beautym we have to admire her fierce spirit. Instead of resting on the laurels of her famous family, Julia has always had the gusto to make her own personal imprint on the fashion world. And for that, we salute her and wish her all the best. (See? We’re not that petty after all).