Carine Roitfeld is one of the most powerful and fascinating people in the fashion industry. So as people who make a habit out of studying all things fashion, we’re naturally thrilled about the upcoming documentary, Mademoiselle C, all about the French fashion queen. If the trailer below is any indication, it’s going to be exciting, educational, and essentially a French version of The September Issue. Here are the top 10 reasons we can’t wait to watch it.
1. The documentary is going to feature a ton of celebrities, models, and fashion designers talking all about Carine: her personality, her influence on fashion, and who knows what else.
2. After being editor-in-chief at Vogue Paris for 10 years, she left and started her own mag, CR Fashion Book. It seems like this journey will largely be the focus of the film.
4. She’s not afraid of a little scandal.
5. She’s Parisian, and is very different from our own Anna Wintour.
6. She knows how to have fun and doesn’t always do the expected.
7. She’s been in the industry forever.
8. She has a great attitude, even when things don’t go perfectly.
9. She is still at 58 years old so gorgeous.
10. She’s been described as “stylish, thoughtful, and loving.” Her talent, dedication, and list of friends makes us want to be Carine, and maybe the documentary will teach us how. Fingers crossed!
Here’s the trailer: