Our enthusiasm for Fashion’s Night Out pretty much went out the window the third time someone nearly knocked us over last year trying to elbow their way to the in-store bar, but we realize there are those of you with higher crowd thresholds and a greater will to meet Kim Kardashian, so for you we’ve got some details for September 6th!
The organizers of the event, which was started four years ago as a means of stimulating shoppers’ enthusiasm to spend during the depths of the recession, have helpfully compiled the whole list of participating retailers over at FashionsNightOut.com. Also available on the website (and in select stores) is the FNO Collection, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the New York City AIDS Fund.
The extravanganza is scheduled to take place in 500 cities nationwide, as well as a whole host of international destinations. Now you can map out where you want to spend your dough — or, more likely, sip champagne, gawk at celebs, and make mental notes about what to come back for later and try on in peace:
- Diane von Furstenberg will have Solange Knowles at the DJ booth, Vogue editors doling out styling advice, and MAC makeup artists on hand for on-site makeovers. If you’re sticking to the downtown scene, this is one event you should definitely hit.
- Balenciaga has teamed up with the coolest Vogue editor of them all (Grace Coddington of course!) for a limited edition of accessories featuring sketches of her cat, Pumpkin. And wherever Grace goes, you should probably follow.
- Kim Kardashian will be at Lord & Taylor greeting fans who purchase her True Reflection fragrance. She’ll be joined by Real Housewife Jill Zarin, and actually-talented gold medal figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi. We recommend you go against the grain and snap a pic with the latter.
- Azealia Banks will be laying down tracks at MAC. Pandemonium will no doubt ensue when 212 starts up. Also: Soho traffic jams!
- Bloomingdale’s will host Kelly Rutherford for Magaschoni, Christian Cota and Carmen Marco Valvo, and Yummie Tummie founder/Real Housewife Heather Thomson. For the nineties alternative music enthusiast, Matchbox 20 will also be making a personal appearance.
- Macy’s has Scott Disick teaching cigar rolling. Somewhat random, but from the sounds of things it will be a bit more fun than Kim’s appearance.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is providing bang trims with Erin Fetherston and Edward Tricomi of Warren Tricomi, manicures with Suno and Minx, and an appearance by Oscar de la Renta himself. Rihanna‘s makeup artist Josh Lord will also be there working on custom designs with Kimberly Ovitz, though we doubt Saks will be turning itself into a St. Marks-style ink parlor for the evening. Still, it sounds like there’s a lot going on here, so hopefully the crowds will be a bit more spread out thoughout the store.
- QVC will be broadcasting live from the Meatpacking District, engaging the public in a “unque interactive experience” along with celebrity guests Nicole Richie, Isaac Mizrahi, and Jennifer Hudson.
So there you have it. Plan away! Or plan on seeking refuge indoors somewhere far, far away from the madness. Up to you.