Oh, Robert Pattinson. Someone needs to put you in your place. And maybe that someone is us. You just turned down a $1.6 million deal to be the face of Burberry. This was a mistake. Allow us to tell you why.
1. Your reasoning, according to the Daily Mail, is because you’re “an actor, not a model.” Is someone forgetting their modeling roots? Looks like it!
2. A source said, “As far as Robert sees things he’s an actor by trade and that’s his art. He doesn’t want to start becoming a brand or anything.” We get that, we do. Artistic integrity, blah blah blah. But you have yet to prove said talent, Rob! And with the whole Marks & Spencer R-Pants skivvies thing, you are already becoming a brand. You may as well make a cool mill and a half in the process.
3. Relatedly, you know who has mad talent and modeled for Burbery? Emma Watson! She’s the best, and her Burberry gig certainly hasn’t detracted from her acting cred.
4. Christopher Bailey is awesome, and apparently “Christopher and the Burberry team were desperate to sign Robert as the main person in their new campaign.” Do not disrespect Chris, please.
5. You’re British! Like Burberry! And you look great in a suit! It just makes sense.