Full disclosure: I have a love-hate relationship with retail roundups. Love, because they (almost) give me a legitimate reason to shop. Hate, because I’m far too big a believer in personal style to think my opinions about what counts as covetable matter any more than those of the guy sitting next to me on the bus. Though I’m pretty sure I could take him (heavy tats and all) in a game of Mall Madness. But, with summer beating down our door who doesn’t relish a good old fashioned diversion. And hey, if you’re in the market for some fresh merch to match your shiny new tan, maybe you’ll spy something that catches your eye. Essential, maybe not according to Mr. Webster. But like waffle cones and outdoor showers, isn’t that what we love about summer?
Shop our essentials:
1. Striped Floor-Length Dress by Just FM, $88, available at Pixie Market; Striped Wedges by Mini for Many, $103, available at Revolve Clothing; The Weekender tote in Blue and White Striped Ticking by Death and Texas, $250, available at Etsy.
2. The Jefferson Sneaker by Native Shoes, $45, available at Karma Loop
3. N Series Backpack by Re-sails, $58, available at Resails.
4. Braids and Bows by Klutz Press, available at Amazon; Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, $22, available at Bumble and Bumble; Wear and Care Mending Masque by Bumble and Bumble, $36, available at Bumble and Bumble.
5. 80’s Beach Weekender, $38, available at Urban Outfitters.
6. Round Sunglasses by Cheap Monday, $35, available at Tobi
7. Treats by Sleigh Bells, available on iTunes