Calling all fellow fashion followers! Styleite is currently looking for editorial and social media interns for the Fall season.
What you need to know:
We are looking for full OR part time interns to work at our SoHo offices from January to May 2011.
School credit is required.
What You’ll Actually Be Doing: If your dream job involves writing all day, our editorial internship is the one for you! Styleite is a young site. Consequently, our editorial interns have a lot of freedom with what they choose to research and write about. Expect to do lots of writing. In return, you’ll get bylines. And probably free samples. Also: invites to fun events. There are perks, we promise!
And if you’re more of a people person, our social media internship is the one for you. We’re looking for someone to help us manage our Twitter feed, Facebook page, engage with our readers, and foster the already awesome Style Sheets community. In return, you’ll get an equal amount of samples, invites to fun events, and other random perks including but not limited to a workplace proximity to Karl Lagerfish.
Above all, we want someone with a passion for fashion in every sense: from style to magazines to bloggers to whether or not Taylor Momsen wore her pants today. If more than 17% of your brain space is dedicated to which models walked in which shows, then this is the internship for you. You should also be able to write. (This is less important for all you social media peeps, but remember: spelling and/or grammatical errors are never in style.)
Additional, but by no means necessary, qualifications:
- previous internships in the fashion industry and/or writing experience
- experience with blogging software/HTML
- experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop or Gimp
- experience with video editing software such as iMovie or Final Cut
Send the following to email@example.com, with the internship you’re applying for in the subject line:
- a resume
- a brief cover letter explaining why your experiences and personality make you the perfect intern for Styleite.
And if you’re applying for an editorial internship, we’ll need:
- one (1) clips of your academic or journalistic writing.
- one (1) sample news post that you could see being published on Styleite. 350 words is a good target length.
Applications are rolling, so apply as soon as possible.