Calling all fellow fashion followers! Styleite is currently hiring editorial interns for the Fall season.
What you need to know:
We are looking for full OR part time interns to work at our SoHo offices from August/September to December 2010.
If you are currently an undergraduate or graduate student, we’ll arrange for academic credit.
If you’re not a student, stipends are available.
Styleite is a young site. Consequently, our interns have a lot of freedom with what they choose to research and write about. Expect to do lots of writing. In return, you’ll get bylines. And probably free samples. Also: invites to fun events. There are perks, we promise!
Above all, we want someone with a passion for fashion in every sense: from style to magazines to bloggers to whether or not Taylor Momsen wore her pants today. If more than 17% of your brain space is dedicated to which models walked in which shows, then this is the internship for you. You should also be able to write. Remember: spelling and/or grammatical errors are never in style.
Additional, but by no means necessary, qualifications:
- previous internships in the fashion industry and/or writing experience
- experience with blogging software/HTML
- experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop or Gimp
- experience with video editing software such as iMovie or Final Cut
Send the following to email@example.com:
- a resume
- two (2) clips of your academic or journalistic writing.
- two (2) sample news posts that you could see being published on Styleite. 350 words is a good target length.
- a brief cover letter explaining why your experiences and personality make you the perfect intern for Styleite.
Applications are rolling, so apply as soon as possible.