Internships run from June-August; start and end dates are flexible. Interns must be available to work in our editorial offices in NYC.
The primary qualification for this job is an encyclopedic knowledge of and obsessive enthusiasm for style and the fashion industry. If you know the head designers of major labels by heart, follow fashion news sites daily, and participate regularly in online style communities, this is the internship for you.
In addition, there are several qualifications which are preferred but by no means necessary:
- Knowledge of blogging software/HTML
- Knowledge of the major personalities and figures in the online fashion community
- Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop
As a recently launched site, we give our interns a relatively free hand in pursuing and writing stories. Our current interns regularly discover and post breaking news, analytical articles, and video content — and, importantly, regularly receive bylines.
If interested, please attach ALL of the following documents to your application email:
- A resume
- Any three (3) clips of your academic or journalistic writing
- A brief cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for a fashion blog. Please also tell us which celebrity label — or any upstart brand founded in the past few years — you think can actually compete with established brands and why (If you don’t answer this, we’ll know you didn’t read the entire posting!).
Interested parties should send applications through the following email address: email@example.com.
Applications are rolling, so candidates should apply as soon as possible.